Monday, October 31, 2011

The Art of Saving

Eleven years ago I gave a bonus to myself of having a long trip. Long because it counts number of hours to reach SFO airport from Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila Philippines. A lowly teacher gave bonus to her self?  Why  not? It was made possible because of my passion to save. Every time I received my bonus and thirteen month pay I will directly go to the bank and add my TD account and from that Time Deposit Account I will withdraw certain amount to buy and exchange it to dollar. By that process I started to open  a dollar account. And after 18 years of working, I gave a bonus to myself to go for vacation and see the beauty of the United States of America. It  was realized without the pain of debt because of the Art of Saving. I fully  savored the beauty of Golden Gate because I was not worried of a debt to be paid after the vacation. It was out of habit and courage to save. 


Today I still continue saving not to travel the whole world but that I would live a graceful aging years and live a life with a sense of meaning as we continue to serve more for money can be of help to others and become a means of service. service and money

No comments:

Post a Comment